RE: first IE10 preview available, with multicol, flexbox and grid

Right, the spec link points at the latest version, which has changed and will change more. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/csswg/css3-grid-align/Overview.html?rev=1.1 is the original submission from November 2010.

*however* the actual content of the MSDN page describes what exactly is (or is not) supported in this preview.