[CSS21] Height of table wrapper box is not defined by 10.6

From: Anton Prowse <prowse@moonhenge.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 21:05:16 +0200
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
The height of a table wrapper box is not defined by 10.6.  I believe it
should fall into 10.6.6 (both for inline-table and table), so that
section needs expanding.

Note also that 10.6.3 concerns block-level non-replaced elements in
normal flow when 'overflow' computes to 'visible', but it fails to
exclude table boxes.  I suggest adding a statement to the effect that
the height of table boxes is defined in Ch.17.  Proposal:

In the second paragraph of 10.6.3, replace

   # If 'height' is 'auto', the height depends on whether the element
   # has any block-level children and whether it has padding or borders:

with

   | If 'height' is 'auto', the height is calculated per 17.6.3 in the
   | case of table boxes, and otherwise as follows:

Finally, 10.6.6 is entitled "Complicated cases" which is both vague and
misrepresentative; non-replaced BFCs are amongst the _simplest_ elements
to deal with!  I suggest calling it "Remaining cases involving block
formatting roots".

Cheers,
Anton Prowse
http://dev.moonhenge.net