Re: Unicode normalization in CSS

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 13:17:48 +0200
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
CC: public-i18n-core@w3.org, www-style@w3.org
On Friday, April 8, 2011, 10:33:43 AM, Henri wrote:

>> So I guess the question is, what's the right way forward here?

HS> Are there normal (who don't specifically go looking for problems)
HS> authors out there complaining that the lack of browser-side
HS> normalization is a problem for them in practice?

Is someone who makes a directory listing on a Mac, and then drops that text file directly into a Web page and attempts to use CSS with it 'a 'normal user' by your definition?

It seems to me that there are a lot of users of Macs nowadays,and a lot of Web authors, almost all Web authors use CSS, and some of those are the same people and quite a few of them are normal.

I understand that this will give a mix of NFC in the content and NFA in the stylesheet, and thus non-matching classes and other attribute names.

 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG