Re: canvas origin?

On 08/04/2011 15:29, Alan Gresley wrote:
> The canvas origin is not just one point (marked by the 'X' below). It is
> the top and left edges of the viewport in LTR flow and top and right
> edges of the viewport in LTR flow.

This is nonsensical, because the position of the canvas with respect to
the viewport obviously varies depending on where the canvas has been
scrolled to.  And even what I /think/ you're trying to say is merely
equivalent to a single point.

On 08/04/2011 19:31, Alan Gresley wrote:
> The ICB can be larger than the viewport.

Nonsense.  The ICB (in continuous media) is clearly defined to have the
dimensions of the viewport in 10.1.

> Please remember that the ICB is calculated differently for elements that
> are not in normal flow (ie. floats, position absolute).

No, you seem to be confusing "initial containing block" with "containing
block".

Cheers,
Anton Prowse
http://dev.moonhenge.net