RE: EPUB requirements

Hi John,

Thank you for writing this up. I understand your concern, and I do share that.

As I talked to them, however, I would say that they are still at so early stage that it's a little too early to say it is impossible.

You can think the current "requirement list" as "first cut of the wish list ". They're now putting priorities and possible resolutions along with rough estimates to each item on the list. The first version of prioritized list will be ready by Oct 5th, and there'll discuss in Taiwan whether the priorities are agreeable as IDPF, resolutions are possible, schedule is realistic, and so forth. Some items will get lower priorities there. Some will be cut. That says, the final list will be smaller than what we're seeing today.

> The timeline lists August 27th as "Deadline for WG: final set of requirements; no more additions accepted."
> Did this occur?  Is there now a firm set of requirements listed somewhere?

Yes. That means, the current list contains the maximum number of items, and they're starting the process to shorten the list.

Your concern is right that, there will be some items that need to discuss how to resolve due to schedule constraints. But it should happen after they have shortened the list.

For now, I think we should just provide our schedule and status. That'll help them to think about the possible resolutions and rough estimates. It's nice if you can make your schedule a little earlier for them, but if something that can never happen, you can just say so. It'll then be their side to discuss whether to cut, change the requirements, or find other resolutions. If they concluded the feature cannot be cut, then that'd be the place where we should start a serious discussion.

It's not that far; after we're back from Taiwan, which is the end of next week, we should have the prioritized list.