Re: [css3 fonts] font-specific features

On 09/18/2010 01:21 AM, Christoph Päper wrote:
> fantasai:
>> On 09/17/2010 09:55 AM, Christopher Slye wrote:
>>
>> [@font-feature-values<font-family>] maps to exactly the same thing as the
>>
>>> Can<value-name>  be shared? Can I define 'swash: swishy 1' for FontFamilyOne
>>> and 'swash: swishy 3' for FontFamilyTwo, then use 'swash(swishy)' to access
>>> the alternates in both families?
>>
>> Yes. That's exactly the point of this proposal. :)
>
> Does that mean that all resources in one ‘src’ would have to use equivalent
> integer values?

Hmm, that's a good point. If a font-family is made up of multiple fonts that
are not consistent in their use of integer values, then there is a problem.

However, this should only happen if you're building up an @font-face family
using unrelated font faces, and in that case you might be better off keeping
them as separate font families and using the standard fallback list
   font-family: MS Mincho, Bitstream Cyberbit;
rather than trying to combine unrelated fonts into a single named family.

jdaggett might have more comments on this...

~fantasai