Re: Linear gradients, Transforms and angles...

On Monday 2010-09-20 08:05 -0700, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> That said, there was a recent thread about this, where fantasai
> suggested switching to bearing angles (0deg points North, CW is
> positive).  I'm not particularly happy with this, but it does align
> the usage with rotations in general, and with the few other properties
> that actually use an angle as a direction.  So I'll be switching it in
> the next draft.

However, there is an argument, which I think I've heard Dean make in
the past, that 0° should point along the positive X axis (right) and
90° should point along the positive Y axis (down).  It's a little
confusing at first, but it does all fit together sensibly that way.

(I'm ok with the 0° pointing up and 90° pointing right, though.)

-David