Re: Extend use of namespaces

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 13:34:13 -0400
To: Paul Duffin <pduffin@volantis.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org
On 9/19/10 11:06 AM, Paul Duffin wrote:
> Given that it has been at CR-level for 6 years how come WebKit and Mozilla do not support the border-box property without a prefix.

Because they don't implement what the spec says.

And _that_, at least in part, is because the spec went to CR without
actually specifying the things it needs to specify (like how the silly
thing should work).  It _still_ doesn't specify how box-sizing interacts
with the CSS 2.1 algorithm for determining sizes of replaced elements;
issues have been raised about it, but no useful response from the
working group so far.

I would be extremely surprised if two implementations written based on
the current spec were interoperable, and even more surprised if any two
of Opera, Gecko, and Webkit are.