Re: Extend use of namespaces

From: Paul Duffin <pduffin@volantis.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 09:06:23 -0600 (MDT)
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

----- Original Message -----
> > * box-sizing - for Opera (naughty naughty no vendor prefix)
>
> FTR, box-sizing is in Candidate Recommendation (CR):
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/CR-css3-ui-20040511/
>
> Properties defined in a specification that is at CR-level can be
> implemented without prefix.

I didn't realise that. I guess it makes sense given that before it can reach recommendation it has to have at least 2 non-experimental interoperable implementations and a vendor extension would not suffice.

Given that it has been at CR-level for 6 years how come WebKit and Mozilla do not support the border-box property without a prefix. For that matter how come it has been in CR for 6 years; it is tiny as specifications go.