Re: Enhancing grouping of selectors

On Friday 2010-09-17 15:18 -0700, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> I think the sanest solution is to use the min or max specifity of the
> contained argument, so either 003 or 300.  Probably the latter.

I think the best solution for authors is to compute specificity
based on which selectors actually matched (and use the highest).

That's just a little more work to implement, not because it's
inherently more difficult than the current model, but rather because
it requires more change to existing implementations in which
specificity of selectors is computed before selector matching.

-David