Enhancing grouping of selectors

 One thought i had was it'd be easier to treat it as an array, because then its more inline with other languages [element1, element2, element3].
Although obviously this is already used for attributes, so thats out of the question.

For ease, maybe an alternative to () to consider is &. I think its easier to read.

element1 & element2 > subelement1 > subsubelement1 & subsubelement2

Considering internationalisation, is () more common than & on keyboards?