Re: [CSS 2.1] [Section 9.5.1] Vertical positioning of floating boxes

From: Morten Stenshorne <mstensho@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 09:51:55 +0200
To: www-style@gtalbot.org
Cc: "www-style\@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
"GĂ©rard Talbot" <www-style@gtalbot.org> writes:

> Well, I see a significant difference with Opera 10.62 under Windows XP
> (build 3500). I have appended a screenshot at the bottom of the page
>
> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/section9.5.1-vertical-positioning-float.html

Oh dear, that sure looks strange. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the
problem here, albeit I'm running build 3500 under wine. I have also
confirmed that build 3500 for Windows and build 6438 for Linux are
identical, codebase-wise.

Wait! Are you using a clean profile? I suspect that you're in quirks
mode. Have you changed the value of the "CompatMode Override"
preference in the "User Prefs" section?

>> BTW: did you mean to write "Opera 10.62 under Linux" above?
>
> No. I really meant Opera 10.62 under Windows XP.

OK, never mind. I misunderstood. Windows it is, then.

--
---- Morten Stenshorne, developer, Opera Software ASA ----
---- Office: +47 24164206 ---- Cellular: +47 93440112 ----