[css3-transitions] The cubic bezier coordinates shouldn't be clamped to [0, 1]

From: Peter Beverloo <peter@lvp-media.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 08:52:40 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org
Following the current Editor's Draft of the CSS3 Transitions Module,
the valid Point coordinates of a cubic-bezier timing-function must be
between zero and one[1]. I'd like to propose lifting this limitation.

The primary use-case for this would be transitions which slightly, in
case of lengths, overrun the final value. This creates "elastic"
effects, some of which are visible on this page:

http://jqueryui.com/demos/effect/easing.html

One problem I can see are values which have fixed bounds, such as
colors. Darker than #000 can't be displayed, neither can lighter than
#FFF. In these cases it seems best to clamp the value to the
value-type's upper or lower bound internally.

Kind regards,
Peter Beverloo
http://peter.sh/

[1] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-transitions/#transition-timing-function_tag