Re: [css3-fonts] @font-face matching and font-style descriptor

From: Christopher Slye <cslye@adobe.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 20:58:23 -0700
CC: www-style <www-style@w3.org>, www-font <www-font@w3.org>
To: John Hudson <tiro@tiro.com>
Well, FWIW, when I see an <em> tag, I mentally think "italic or bold". I agree that it's a mistake to assume anything specific about it, and I think different locales should do whatever is appropriate. Still, I think most HTML clients are going to be applying italic, and bold as runner-up.

-Christopher