Re: CSS selector - Select parent element (li) if child element (a) has an attribute of href="#"

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 2:03 AM, Matthew Millar <mattmill30@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to streamline my code and I've found a few areas where i'm
> defining classes etc, where I can probably get away with using CSS logic.
>
> However, i'm stuck on how to give a parent element certain css styles if its
> child element has a particular attribute.

A lot of variations on features that would handle that have been
proposed; but Selectors 3 didn't include any mostly because they all
present serious implementation issues/challenges. It was included,
however, in the list of things to try to address on Selectors 4.

On the meanwhile, you may consider using the JQuery library and its
:has() pseudo-class; or stick to classes; whichever works better for
your case. It will definitely take a while to get this feature
implemented in an interoperable and reliable way.

Regards,
Eduard Pascual