[css3-3d-transforms] Handling non-invertible matrices

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 23:21:08 +0000
To: "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>
CSS3 2D Transforms specifies the following [1] :

# In some cases, an animation might cause a transformation matrix to be singular or
# non-invertible. For example, an animation in which scale moves from 1 to -1. At the
# time when the matrix is in such a state, the transformed element is not rendered.

I assume the same applies to 3D Transforms ?

What does 'the transformed element is not rendered' mean ? I assume it means the
the result is equivalent to applying the identity transform but as written it could
also be saying that the element is not rendered at all. My understanding is that SVG
does the former and we'd want to do the same here.

[1] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-2d-transforms/#animation