Re: [css3-images] Linear gradients feedback

On Sep 7, 2010, at 11:15 PM, fantasai wrote:

> On 09/07/2010 09:43 PM, Simon Fraser wrote:

>>> I prefer commas because it's more consistent, and it's how nearly
>>> every programming language does functions, particularly javascript.

>>> That seems even worse to me.  ^_^

>>> That's smfr's call.  What do you think, Simon?  Would that be sufficient?
>>
>> It doesn't help with interpolation for animation.
>
> And how would different functional notation improve that?
> It's just notation.

It's for ease of author understanding. It's easier to say "only functions of the same
time can be interpolated" than "a linear-gradient using an angle cannot be interpolated
with a linear-gradient that doesn't use one", especially if we fall into the "angle" or
"non-angle" variants in non-obvious cases.

Simon