Re: differences between -webkit-gradient() and CSS3 Images

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 13:10:33 -0700
To: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 12:55 PM, Daniel Glazman
> Hi there,
>
> Just wanted to mention my editor BlueGriffon will probably have
> to skip support for -webkit-gradient() because it's not compatible
> with linear-gradient() and radial-gradient() from the CSS3 Images
> spec. The latter allow a greater flexibility on the points
> declared in the functional notation than the one allowed by
> -webkit-gradient(). I have therefore no way to output all arbitrary
> linear-gradient() or radial-gradient() for WebKit :-(

Right, current webkit gradients and spec gradients do *not* cover the
same set of possibilities.  There are gradients in each that you can't
specify in the other.

I don't think that's a problem, though.  Current webkit gradients will
presumably disappear when webkit obsoletes them after implementing
spec gradients (which should happen after I clear up the issues that
are making smfr unhappy).