Re: Proposal for CSS3.5

From: Biju <bijumaillist@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 03:17:44 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org
On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 12:50 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> You're reading that incorrectly.

I very much understood it from your previous mail.
Also understood you meant result of the expression is starting from 1,
and you are right. But that is only a part of it.

When you look at the whole process a CSS programmer has to write that
expression.
When he design, to predict the effect he has to substitute value for
the "n" in the expression,
which has values 0,1,2,3,4,n-1. just like any mathematical series we
studied in the college.

So we have introduced the CSS programmer the concept of ordinal starting with 0
even in the nth-child()

All I am saying is, in CSS we can zero based things at many place.
So it is better if "[]" the array notation in CSS match the same way
we do in JavaScript

Cheers