Re: Implementation of Inset Box Shadow on image elements

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 16:06:54 -0700
To: divya manian <divya.manian@gmail.com>
Cc: Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 9:32 AM, divya manian <divya.manian@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Was wondering if there is anything I can do to move this forward? I
> did not see it referenced in any agenda or other emails. So, I was
> wondering what the consensus was.

We resolved this at our face-to-face.

We won't be changing inset box-shadows right now.  We'd prefer to just
let the Backgrounds & Borders level 3 module advance through the
specification track and be done with it, and everyone's implementation
reflects the current spec.  However, this will be picked up either in
B&B 4 (as a new keyword in box-shadow instead of 'inset'), or in CSS
Filters where we'll be addressing the concept of shadows and other
visual effects applied to the box more thoroughly.