Re: Proposed revision of CSS2.1 description of backslash escapes

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 20:22:41 +0200
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
* fantasai wrote:
>However, as I was checking Bert's edits I noticed that these changes
>introduce another normative change: specifically, they disallow unicode
>escapes within a comment.

I am not quite following. As currently specified, a comment is a token.
A token cannot contain anything. If you want to have, say, a non-ascii
character in a comment in a style sheet encoded using US-ASCII, then
you have to define your own representation scheme; at least so far the
specification never assigned semantics to the characters that appear in
a comment, it only defined where the contents begins and ends.