Re: [css3-values][css3-images] element() function

On 08/31/2010 05:21 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

>> No push-back from me, but I'm not convinced that element() is quite right yet.
>
> Could you elaborate?  I'd obviously like to know what isn't right
> before I try and spec this.  ^_^

I would rather see it added to css3-images than to css3-values, since
that's what we have a concrete use case for and know we are able to
implement. If some future spec like Positioning would like to add
element() values, then we can deal with that use case there.

~fantasai