CSS3 sprite suggestion

From: Kashidom Nenakh <kashidom@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 09:12:38 +0000
To: www-style@w3.org

I have been active with web content and programming for the web in the past seven years, mainly focusing on advanced websites and web applications.

There is a feature that I've been looking and dying for, ever since I started in DHTML, a good six+ years ago.

Am I at the right place to submit such a suggestion, or do I need to look elsewhere?
I've already contacted the WebKit team, as I primarily program for Safari, but they haven't replied to me yet and it's been over a week now.

If the feature does exist, are there any manuals to consult that are written in human/programmer's language?
I'm not very good at reading the standards specifications of CSS3, except for backtracking existing features.

Attached is a draft of the feature I wish to request, as I see it optimally implemented on Safari/WebKit.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Kashidom Nenakh
Mantha Designs inc.