RE: [css3-writing-modes] Keyword alternatives to "logical"

From: Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 20:10:18 -0400
To: Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp>, "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>
CC: MURAKAMI Shinyu <murakami@antenna.co.jp>, Hakon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>, John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>, David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, Yasuo Kida <kida@apple.com>
> > I don't understand why 'of-block' would mean that the margins given
> > are in before-end-after-start order rather than top-right-bottom-left.
> When the text in a block is rotated or flipped by writing-mode or direction property,
> "before" side is "top of block", so I thought "margin top of block 1em" can be meaningful
> in English.

It may be a little more understandable if you look at picture at:

In the first picture, "top of block" is top side, while in the last picture, "top of block" is right side.

Does this work?