Re: [css3-transitions] In transition-property: all, <property>, is <property> a duplicate ?

On Oct 27, 2010, at 1:21 PM, L. David Baron wrote:

> On Wednesday 2010-10-27 13:17 -0700, Chris Marrin wrote:
>> I agree. Seems like the better syntax would be:
>>
>> 	[ none | all | IDENT ] [ none | all | IDENT ]*
>>
>> Does that look right?
>
> If you add a comma, yes.

Oops, my bad:

	[ none | all | IDENT ] [ ',' none | all | IDENT ]*

>> If so, then the rule would be that a 'none' in the list would turn
>> off transitions on all properties. The corresponding duration
>> would be ignored. An 'all' would turn transitions on for all
>> properties and would set their duration to the corresponding one.
>> Specific property names later in the list would override these.
>> That seems like the most logical rule to me.
>
> Are you're saying you'd want an occurrence of 'none' to override
> values earlier/later in the list, or just that 'none' would trigger
> transitions on no properties (and thus cause an item in the
> duration/timing-function/delay lists to be skipped)?

I mean that if you were to say:

	transition-property: width, none, height;
	transition-duration: 1s, 1000000s, 2s;

you'd get a transition just on height and it would occur over 2s. Similarly, if you say:

	transition-property: width, none, all, height;
	transition-duration: 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s;

you'd get a transition of 3s on all properties except height, which would transition over 4s.

-----
~Chris
cmarrin@apple.com