RE: [css3-multicol] new editor's draft

> From: www-style-request@w3.org [mailto:www-style-request@w3.org] On
> Behalf Of Shelby Moore
>
> So in my and I think the designer's mind, the correct result is:
>
> Inline overflow:
>  baz----------------------->
>  foo | foo | foo | bar | qux
>
> Block overflow:
>  baz------------->
>  foo | foo | foo |
>  bar | qux
>
> Now isn't that a lot more sane and consist?

I sure don't know since I can't tell what your answer is. I see two different
renderings ?

I'll assume, however, that in both cases you layout baz on top of all the columns.
How and why does is that correct per the designer's mind ? Why would he expect all
the other elements to flow in source order except that one ?

> Note it is incorrect to assume baz is centered,
> that is why I drew it
> as I
> did on the left side with an arrow showing its extent.

Uh ? The element's style attribute says text-align:center. How do we ignore
properties explicitly specified by the designer and claim the result aligns
with his expectations ?