Re: [css3-multicol] spanning elements

From: Shelby Moore <shelby@coolpage.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 19:01:40 -0400
To: "Håkon Wium Lie" <howcome@opera.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
[snip]

Håkon Wium Lie wrote:
> Also it doesn't make sense to collapse the top (bottom) margin of a
> spanning element with the margins of elements inside the column boxes.

Agreed with every except on this I must ask why?

I always wished that margins where consistent every where. For me, margin
should mean "I never get closer than this to another elements padding
box".

I like simple rules that apply every where. Much easier to remember and
design with.

Thus I ditto Tab Atkins latter comment regarding floats.

[snip]