Re: [css3-writing-modes] a third option for implementing logical properties

From: Takayuki Akimoto <taka-akimoto@thoton.co.jp>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 07:33:30 +0900
To: hyatt@apple.com
Cc: howcome@opera.com, dbaron@dbaron.org, www-style@w3.org, kida@apple.com
Hi.

>I can't say I'm in love with the 'logical' keyword notation

How about a 'rotate90', instead of the 'logical'?

Since the keyword 'logical' is needed only by CJK authors
who want to switch their horizontal-writing document to
vertical and vice versa, rotating the axes by 90 degrees
clockwise would be sufficient.

If you specify the 'rotate90', left/right/top/bottom becomes
top/bottom/right/left.

if not, of course, no rotation.

'rotate90' would be 'logical' and clear to me.

Thoton Akimoto
Japan.