Re: [css3-writing-modes] direction vs. writing mode in markup vs. style

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 20:40:15 +0200
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, WWW International <www-international@w3.org>
Also sprach Tab Atkins Jr.:

     [2] http://fantasai.inkedblade.net/style/specs/altss-tags/

 > Hm, okay.  That's definitely the solution that requires the least work
 > from us, so I guess it's cool if EPUB likes it.  This also seems to be
 > basically what Hakon was wanting, right?

Right! The solution uses the class attribute in a clever way:

  <link rel="stylesheet" href="horizontal.css" class="horizontal"/>
  <link rel="alternate stylesheet" href="vertical.css" class="vertical"/>

So, what are the use cases that cannot be solved by this method?

-h&kon