RE: [css3-writing-modes] a third option for implementing logical properties

From: Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 11:03:26 -0400
To: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
CC: John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>, David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>, "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, Yasuo Kida <kida@apple.com>
>  > I mean, can I also say
>  >
>  > margin: e 1em;
>
> Yes, it's an idea. But it would probably be too cryptic, and this would
> be ambigous:
>
>   margin: b 1em; /* before or bottom? */

I was talking about this with Murakami-san, and he proposed this instead:

margin: end 1em;

This syntax solves the ambiguity you pointed out, and seems to be pretty much similar to what we have in background-position:
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-background/#the-background-position

Is this reasonable?

Regards,
Koji