Re: [css3-writing-modes] horizontal-bt writing mode

fantasai wrote:

> > Looking over the current CSS3 Writing Modes spec, I'm puzzling over
> > what writing-mode 'horizontal-bt' is needed for?  It's defined as:
> >
> >    "Bottom-to-top block flow. The writing mode is horizontal."
> >
> > What's the script that requires this?  Or is it just there for
> > completeness?
> >
> >    http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-writing-modes/#writing-mode
>
> It's just there for completeness. MS requested that such a mode exist
> since they implement it (for completeness, and because given all the
> other modes, they thought it was easy).

If block-progression and direction are defined as in the IE Blog post,
then I could see that it would fall out from having two independent
properties.  But with a single property, I don't think it's needed for
completeness so I would suggest dropping it.  It may be easy to
implement but features that serve no purpose add time to testing
and conformance requirements.

John Daggett