Re: [css3-multicol] new editor's draft

From: Shelby Moore <shelby@coolpage.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 19:19:04 -0400
To: "fantasai" <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Cc: "Håkon Wium Lie" <howcome@opera.com>, www-style@w3.org
[snip]

> Maybe if we did that only to terms defined in that particular
> module, it would be okay (possibly with an exception for CSS3
> Box, which defines most of those very common ones).

And then add a standard Appendix to every CSS spec, Terms Defined Elsewhere.

I don't think people should be forced to go hunting for where terms were
originally defined.  The advantage of the hyperlink is one can jump into a
document set without reading from start to finish in linear order.

That also forces spec editors to be sure (another check) they are using
terms which have formal definitions.