Re: Positioned Layout proposal

From: Shelby Moore <shelby@coolpage.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 16:08:25 -0400
To: "Andrew Fedoniouk" <news@terrainformatica.com>
Cc: "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, "www-style list" <www-style@w3.org>
[snip]

> Below is your layout with use of flex units and the flow.
>
> Screenshot on various view and content sizes is here:
> http://terrainformatica.com/w3/temp-flex-layout.png

That is beautiful :D

Thanks, I hope Flexbox or Flex-Layout variant can become a standard soon.

I won't give up on a more generalized paradigm for relative placement,
until I've looked at it exhaustively. Flexbox would cover many use cases
and is doable sooner and in the meantime. And we can get market feedback
from that too.