Re: Positioned Layout proposal

From: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 01:56:48 +1100
To: shelby@coolpage.com
CC: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Shelby Moore wrote:

> Perhaps I can allocate more time thinking about this at some point,
> because CSS as it is now really frustrates me. The tsuris seems mostly to
> revolve around the fact that CSS is not designed to support the new Web
> applications which want to keep all their content inside the viewport and
> create overflowed scrolled sub-areas instead of overflowing the viewport.

Perhaps this is due to the fact that someone using a keyboard can not
easy scroll the page and the overflowed scrolled sub-areas (which are
really boxes with overflow:auto) and switch between them. The focus
either has to be on the viewport or the overflowed scrolled sub-areas
and this focus has to be changed to scroll either one.

This is an accessibility issue.

--
Alan http://css-class.com/