Re: [css-device-adaptation] New draft

On Oct 18, 2010, at 1:09 PM, Kenneth Rohde Christiansen wrote:
> Regarding the parsing algorithm. Android supports ; as separator in the viewport
> meta tag and I have ran into various sites using this (lately facebook.com)

Kenneth is aware, but to close the loop, this no longer seems to be the case for
Android. Some discussion is in this bugzilla bug that was eventually closed
as invalid, and therefore not to be fixed:
<http://webkit.org/b/47607> meta tag parser needs to support ; as separator due to Android having made that popular

On Oct 18, 2010, at 2:00 PM, Simon Fraser wrote:
> I also think the 'device-width' and 'device-height' value names are misleading,
> since the web view may not fill the entire screen. These are more like
> 'window-width' or 'view-width'.

I think both "device" and "window" widths may be desired. At one time I filed
and its description mentions that both might be desired, essentially asking
for a "window-width".
<http://webkit.org/b/43662> Viewport "device-width" and height should not use window width and height

I haven't read the newer draft yet, so I'm not sure how relevant that is.

On Oct 18, 2010, at 11:02 PM, Rune Lillesveen wrote:
> The way to set the width/height to the window height with @viewport would be:
>  @viewport { width: 100%; }

That looks nice.

- Joe