Re: [css-device-adaptation] New draft

The idea is that on let's say a high dpi Android phone, the default contents
will be scaled by 1.5 (ie scale 1.0 becomes 1.5, scale 2.0 becomes 3.0),
making it look exactly like on the iPhone, but not pixel perfect, thus not
taking advantage of the higher dpi. A page instead can say
"targetDensityDpi=device-dpi" and the page will not do the 1.5 scaling, thus
making the css pixel / device pixel 1:1. It should then be possible for the
web site to query the dpi using -webkit-device-pixel-ratio and include a
different CSS style.

Kenneth

--
Kenneth Rohde Christiansen