Re: [css-device-adaptation] New draft

From: Rune Lillesveen <rune@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 13:37:26 +0200
To: "www-style list" <www-style@w3.org>
On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 22:09:30 +0200, Kenneth Rohde Christiansen
<kenneth.christiansen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Regarding the parsing algorithm. Android supports ; as separator in the
> viewport meta tag and I have ran into various sites using this (lately
> facebook.com)

Chapter 9, which is non-normative, is Safari-centric on purpose. It's
there to show a possible translation from viewport meta to @viewport. The
various viewport meta implementations are not fully interoperable anyway,
and writing a viewport-meta -> @viewport translation that mixes aspects
 from the different implementations doesn't make sense, I think.

--
Rune Lillesveen
Senior Core Developer / Architect