Re: [css-device-adaptation] New draft

From: Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 14:00:40 -0700
Cc: www-style@w3.org
To: Rune Lillesveen <rune@opera.com>
On Oct 18, 2010, at 2:47 AM, Rune Lillesveen wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 10:33:33 +0200, Rune Lillesveen <rune@opera.com> wrote:
>
>> http://people.opera.com/rune/TR/ED-css-viewport-20101013/
>
> I would like to remove the "default viewport width" concept from the spec and have the UAs replace it with a UA stylesheet like this if they want a default width:
>
>  @viewport { width: desktop-width; }

I think 'desktop-width' is confusing value here. It's not the width of the desktop. I don't have a better alternative right now.

I also think the 'device-width' and 'device-height' value names are misleading, since the web view may not fill the entire screen. These are more like 'window-width' or 'view-width'.

Simon