Re: [css-device-adaptation] New draft

From: timeless <timeless@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 16:07:32 +0300
To: Rune Lillesveen <rune@opera.com>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 3:46 PM, Rune Lillesveen <rune@opera.com> wrote:
> I think there are valid use cases for supporting such a UA "hint" where
> allowing zooming would actually be user un-friendly, in particular for web
> applications/widgets.

Really? If I need to use a magnifier, surely I need to use the
magnifier. I hardly see how allowing zooming so I could actually see
your widget would be unfriendly.

It might be the case that user agents need to implement a zoom which
lets users know about events that happen beyond the zoomed area or
something, but I don't think it's ever reasonable to assume that
allowing zooming would be user unfriendly.