Re: [css3-text] proposed value for text-align: no-justify

On 10/17/2010 09:42 PM, timeless wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 9:46 PM, Aryeh Gregor<AryehGregor@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Whereas hyphenation isn't used at all in Hebrew (or at least I've
>> never seen it in my life),
>
> It's used. Now, if you're only used to reading Modern Hebrew, you
> might not see it. I'm used to reading Siddurim / the bible.

The two of you are talking about two different things. Aryeh isn't
saying that there is no hyphen in Hebrew, he's saying that hyphenation
isn't used to split long words between lines.

That said, I don't agree with Aryeh either: in newspaper articles with
narrow justified columns hyphenation seems to be quite common. In
printed books it's much rarer, but it is used now and then.