Re: practicality of user styleshseets

On 14 October 2010 03:35, Patrick Garies <pgaries@fastmail.us> wrote:
[...]
> So you're basically recommending avoiding this bandwidth-saving
> technique because there are other ways to save bandwidth?
>
> I'd say that you should use all bandwidth-saving techniques to your
> advantage simultaneously.

I think his point was that people are given the false impression that
they are saving bandwidth, when abuse of id's is increasing bandwidth
use by an order of magnitude.

I am not against "compression" per se though I'd personally rather not
see it happen. The same thing happened with Postscript, but in the
Postscript case at least all the code is usually not on a single line
and there's a residual amount of minimum readability.

--
cheers,
-ambrose