about the use of pixels as a unit for typography

From: Thibaut Sailly <thibaut@tsailly.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 00:51:55 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org
Hello all,

here is a link to an article I posted last week about the use of pixels as a unit in web design.
Daniel Glazman suggested I post it here after I pinged him on Twitter about it.

So here it is, I hope it'll be worth you time: http://bureau.tsailly.net/2010/10/honey-i-shrunk-the-pixels.html

Long story short : pixels are vanishing from the visible world because screen density rises, and screen densities get very diverse from devices to others. It makes setting text to a precise physical size on screens less meaningful and very difficult.

Thank you,
Thibaut