Re: [css3-text] text-transform values should be grouped

From: Christoph Päper <christoph.paeper@crissov.de>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 09:02:46 +0200
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Masayuki Nakano:

I was preparing a longer review of the draft (probably ready next week or so), but since you already mention ‘text-transform’, I’ll raise one point now already.

> Hi, fantasain, thank you for adding "large-kana" value to the text-transform property. It can improve accessibility on some Japanese websites.

Can we unify ‘large-kana’ with ‘uppercase’?

The only counter argument naive me can see is, that eventual romaji would then be affected, too. On the other hand, as currently specified, you couldn’t have ‘uppercase’ romaji and ‘large-kana’ at the same time either. That’s what you’re proposing to change.

> Value:
> none | [[capitalize | uppercase | lowercase] || fullwidth || large-kana]

Hm, next thing probably is katakana <-> hiragana.

Furthermore, at least “titlecase” is still un(der)specified. Does “ABC dEF” become “Abc Def” or “ABC DEF” or does it stay the same? (I think that has already been discussed and resolved on www-style years ago.)