Re: [whatwg] Suggestion for CSS-RESET property in CSS3 ((tag: css3, html5, css-reset, idea))

From: Jens O. Meiert <jens@meiert.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 11:57:50 -0700
To: Narendra Sisodiya <narendra@narendrasisodiya.com>
Cc: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org, www-style@w3.org

> I think, web developed should be done modular design approach.
> For example, A cool CSS button or may be JavaScripted button [on
> a different site] can have this code.
> Now if somebody else want to reuse the code he can use
>       <script>   blah blah blah   </script>
> css-reset property will restrict or reset CSS or JavaScript processing
> inside that particular node <div/>.

Why would you not want to tailor to your needs what you … reuse?

Independent of the fact that the specs will not spare authors from
doing some work on their own, both HTML and CSS should already offer
ways to cope with said use case beyond introducing something like a
@css-reset. For instance, HTML 5 is about to introduce @scoped on the
“style” element [1]; style sheets can not only be edited (to remove
what you don’t need) but CSS also offers some leeway via “inherit”

[1] http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/semantics.html#attr-style-scoped
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/cascade.html#value-def-inherit

Jens O. Meiert