Re: Issue 101 Resolution

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 17:49:11 -0700
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Rule 5 - Summary of the Problem
===============================

It doesn't appear there is any problem with Rule 5.  dbaron noted that
IE7 violated Rule 5 in a similar way to how it violated Rules 3 and 7,
but the IE8 I have on my machine doesn't appear to.  Switching it back
to the "IE7 Standards" rendering mode reveals that it does indeed
violate the rule, seemingly in the same way it violates 3 and 7.

So, since all modern browsers agree on the rendering and follow the
spec, there is no need to make any change to rule 5.