From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2010 14:06:24 -0400
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
On 10/3/10 11:02 AM, fantasai wrote:
>    smfr: a "feature" is covered by a set of tests, maybe we
>          shouldn't require passes of all tests for a given feature

I just want to make sure I'm following here.

It seems that for a feature to stay in the spec, there need to be two
implementations that both pass all the tests involving that feature,
right?  I'm talking implementability testing, not interoperability
testing.  Because for some CSS2.1 features (run-in, say, but plenty of
others fall into this bucket too), it's quite doable to implement
something that passes one subset or another of the tests; the
implementation problems start when you combine all the requirements on
UA behavior...

Is the suggestion above that we should use some other criterion for
evaluating whether a feature has two interoperable implementations?

-Boris