[css3-transitions] Interpolating 'other' value types

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 14:49:27 -0800
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Right now, the Transitions spec still says that only certain types of
values can be transitioned.  Other types of values are ignored (merely
kept in the transition-property list to maintain relative list
positions).

I thought we'd agreed to let any property without specified transition
rules transition, with the rule that it's equal to the start value at
t=0 and the end value at t>0 (or the opposite, whatever)?  Part of the
reason we introduced the step timing-function was specifically to help
control this case, if I recall correctly.

I assume this is just a temporary omission, and the necessary edits
will be made in time?