Re: Box-shadow has inset; text-shadow doesn't?

On Nov 18, 2010, at 2:57 AM, Rudolph Gottesheim <r.gottesheim@loot.at> wrote:

> (This is my first message to a mailing list, so I'm sorry if I'm doing something wrong or if my message is too short or whatever. But they always urge you to participate in the development of standards, so this is what I'm trying to do here.)
>
> I really don't get why text-shadow and box-shadow should behave differently in regard to the inset keyword. Any comments on this?

The box-shadow spec (part of CSS3 backgrounds and borders) was worked on much more in the recent past than was text-shadow, and that is where 'inset' first appeared. It is not yet part of text-shadow, but hopefully will be eventually (if it is not first superseded by Filters or some other general drop shadow property).