Re: [css3-backgrounds] Should a non-zero border-radius create a new stacking context ?

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 4:43 PM, Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>wrote:

>  The argument is *not* that it should be done because it was done for
> opacity < 1 or transform != none. The argument is that the extra complexity
> is very likely unnecessary in practice because if such scenarios were common
> then opacity < 1 would break a lot of pages and/or require workarounds.

Even if the scenarios aren't common, making them behave unexpectedly still
has the downside of adding complexity for authors.

>   The penalty is not high. But it's real and I don't like making things
> harder than they need to be simply because 'that's the way it is'.
> Especially when several implementors agree that non-visible overflow is more
> complex than it needs to be.

Sure, but you're proposing adding more complexity on top of that, from an
author's point of view.

Rob