RE: [css3-backgrounds] Should a non-zero border-radius create a new stacking context ?

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 02:19:29 +0000
To: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
It's more composition work.

I'm not sure what you're saying though: is being consistent with inexplicability a goal ? Or are you saying that a new stacking context should be created even when border-radius is 0 ? The latter would be a much larger and likely breaking change for the web. One could certainly argue that it's disruptive to change z-ordering as a result of rounding a corner but we do that for opacity for reasons that are not so explicable to authors.